Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2013

V For Vendetta

      I'm currently reading the graphic novel "V For Vendetta" by Alan Moore, and as confusing as I find it (I need to learn more about British history) I think it shows a lot about good and evil in the world.
      For example, the main character "V" seeks revenge on the crumbling British society of 1997. The country has become a fascist dictatorship and no one is trying to escape it, for fear that they can't. V, a man's code name, is a man who is always dressed in a long black cloak, a hat and a mask. He is one of the only people in Britain  trying to gain equality. He performs acts of violence on the people at the core of the evil government. This is both good; for weakening the terrible government; and bad, for murdering many people.
      For the entire beginning of the book, I had no idea what V was doing was bad. I just didn't think about it, until someone told me he was doing something wrong. Then I realized, oh yeah! He's killing people! But then again, killing evil people. I'm still caught between the controversy of his character, and his impact on the government.
      I am not finished with the book, but I am excited to see what changes V makes on British society, and what happens to the teenager he rescues, Evey Hammond.

3 comments:

  1. Great job Ella! You make me really want to read this book. you make it sound really good. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing job Ella! you make it sound like a good book to read, now i realized there is so many interesting books like this to read. now i want to read this badly.

    ReplyDelete