Followers

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Go Ask Alice

      After only the first few pages of "Go Ask Alice",  I could tell I was being sucked into something big.
      The book was published in the 70s, supposedly based on the true diary of a 15 year old girl's life at the time. Even though I've only read about the first few pages of "Go Ask Alice",  I can feel myself being dragged down into a depressing but intense and interesting look into the tragic life of a drug addicted 15-year old.
      The most exciting part about the book is that I feel like I'm there with her, and whenever I know something bad is going to happen, I'll get that terrible feeling inside like you're driving midway off a cliff and you can't do anything but watch. But nevertheless it's exciting and I'm glad I'm reading something slightly depressing because it's a life lesson, and reading it will I think, make me realize a lot about how easily things could go south in anyone's life.

4 comments:

  1. this book seems really interesting. i like the way that you retell what is happening without giving away anything huge. a lobbbbb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the details you used, you made the book sound really interesting, I definately want to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is interesting and very dramatic/intense!

      Delete