Over the summer I read the book "4:50 From Paddington" by Agatha Christie, who is one of my favorite writers. It thought it was an amazing book that I learned a lot about writing from. The book, like most by Agatha Christie, started off with a murder and then seemed to move slowly to the rest of the action, which is not really what I'm used to reading but it was an interesting way to write and all the things you learn in that part of the book become important later on. It was also hard to read because the language can be difficult to understand; there were a lot of words that I had to look up in order to get what was going on. But other than that I really loved it- the main idea of the story is that a woman is riding a train and for a moment another train runs parallel to hers and she witnesses a murder. The story follows as the process of trying to find out who was murdered, where the body was and who committed the crime.
I learned a lot about writing from "4:50 From Paddington" because throughout the book Agatha Christie describes characters in a way that describes different kinds of people in the world- in this book there was a shady businessman, a lonely but happy old lady, two young energetic teens, and a greedy old man. Her details about the characters didn't just include looks and general personality but odd quirks and things that aren't usually described in books.
No comments:
Post a Comment